Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Western Digital Drive Suffixes Western Digital (WD) Caviar Model Suffix?

Western Digital (WD) Caviar Model Suffix? - western digital drive suffixes

My latest WD Caviar died. I went to install Windows XP it does not work after trying for 11 hours. I have a diagnostic tool to check the bad sectors, and there were thousands of people.

I am the expanded program, the RMA WD hard drive and send it will send back damaged. But, he asks the model suffix. This gives me a list of 6 options to choose as the ending and I have no idea where he was in the box on this series of letters and numbers. This is not the serial number and / or model number (at least I think not) Has anyone had experience with this and know that the number suffix.

PS on the WD site says Note: If the suffix is not a model for the unit. The suffix of the pattern or the last part of the model number is only for internal purposes and will not operate the equipment and reliability. Make sure the code or the first part of the model and serial production are necessary to avoid problems and delays in processing the RMA.

^ ^ ^ ^ What does this mean?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Windows has probobly avalible 115,000 viruses

get a new WD hard drive and Sue for Millions

Post a Comment